Here are the updates I made for this week for the Group Project game: Of Whom We Hold Dear.


Redesign the noticeboard

The noticeboard wasn’t clear enough to players and so they wouldn’t read it. In attempt to make the player read the noticeboard, I made sticky notes pointing towards the letters, especially towards the instructions that the player needs to read.


Fix the coin colliders

Previously coins were harder to pick up as their collider were too small but now this is fixed.


Fix the carer animation

Previously the carer animation was not playing properly but now this is fixed.


Playtest the game

We were able to get 4 players to playtest our game and give us feedback after 5-10 minutes of playtesting. We were able to work out what bugs and problems we didn’t notice before and we were complimented on specific areas of our game (for example: feeling ‘immersed’ and the game being ‘interesting’, but there are lots of bugs to fix and feels too slow).


My other group project members and their updates can be found here:

http://matthewallum.com/index.php/category/group-project/

http://leehatchman.wordpress.com

Advertisements